Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Going Once, Going Twice, Sold!!!

It hasn't been that long since i last posted but so much has happened. Where to begin?

Friday April 29th, was my last day of working at US Property and with Eric. It was a sad but great day. There were some tears, the US property office gave me so many cool little presents like itunes giftcards, a pocket knife, a hat and a nice donation to my "Peru Fund." It was so kind of everyone, and it was a sad day when i drove away from the Grand Manse (my home for almost two years and then working their since October.) It made me realize that my departure for Peru is coming quick. Only 37 days until i'll be heading off on this crazy adventure. I'm starting to freak out a little bit, but i have a feeling i am not the only one, some others have expressed the same feelings on the PC 17 wall, so i'll have some others who will understand what i'm going through.
This weekend also marked a big step for me, my clothing auction. Sunday May 1st started bright and early around 6:30am all my friends and family got dressed up in our "Peace, Love, Run" shirts and went out to support my dad, cousin, and uncle in the half marathon.


We followed them throughout the race and cheered them on! It was the perfect start to the day. After a quick lunch we all went back to my house where the "fun" began. I had prepared a clothing extravaganza.

The clothing auction was fun and depressing at the same time. All my friends were able to go through all of the clothes i wasn't taking to Peru. Though some may think this isn't a big deal, they obviously don't know me, and my closet. I rubbermaid containers, clothing baskets, closets, and dressers full of clothes. At one time over 80 dresses, now 1/4 of that remains. It was fun to see my friends looking through  my clothes, with things they knew they wanted. I quote, "i will murder someones ass if they get that..." or "there will be blood" (not the movie!) It was funny, and it felt good to know that my friends were going to be taking the things i would not be using, all my beloved things got a good home. The cutest thing was when a few of my friends, asked specifically about my ASU sweat pants, which have been worn relentlessly and are covered in dye, from camp tie-dye. "Are the ASU sweatpants going to be in the auction?" I responded, "No! They are covered in tie-dye!" Friends "So i want to keep them while you are gone!" I had three people say that they just wanted the sweatpants as like a little piece of me while i was away in Peru...it was comforting and really made me feel loved.

Monday morning i woke up and walked through all the rooms on the second floor, and the left overs from the auction, were scattered...it was sad to see so many things i loved gone, but it is just another step i had to take to get this journey started. Probably one of the most difficult in the sense that fashion is a huge part of my life, but at the same time i know that my friends love the things they got, and i can't wait to see pictures on facebook and think to myself, yessssss that is my dress and it looks oh soooo good :) ha ha

This week is also completely different because i am no longer working, so i am getting myself ready for my "May Madness" which starts on Friday. I leave for iowa then off to cali then off to vegas then off to hawaii. I wanted to get my "workout on" all week however my foot injury has inhibited me from doing so, i guess i'll be looking sub par in my swimsuit for the next two weeks ha ha.

I also just finished my clothing inventory for what i am packing to take with me to Peru. We laid it all out on the dining room table, and are going to attempt, "pre-pack #2" tomorrow. I am hoping it will all fit and weigh under!! I guess we will see :)

That is all for now, have to go hang out with Karen because our days together are dwindling down :( but we will make the ones we have left count!

No comments:

Post a Comment