Sunday, April 24, 2011

tHe yEaR of "23" WiLL Be FuLL Of gLEe!!!!

So much has happened in the last few weeks, well since my last blog post. The Peru 17! facebook group is literally the most amazing thing....seriously the information that i am getting from this group (full of Peru 2011 vols, but also current PC vols that are serving in Peru!!!) is so helpful. I have learned so much, especially about packing, concerns i had perviously, have vanished!!
It was also my birthday, turned 23, which i have decided is going to be the craziest year of my life. Heck, i'm moving to Peru...can't get much crazier than that! I have the best parents in the world, and was supplied with so much cool stuff to take with me to Peru! For example the most amazing flashlight/world clock/alarm thingy...going to be sooooo useful! My headlamp, which was thoroughly inspected by the headlamp master (my dad), and was approved! I got my new birkenstocks, which are amazing which will be my go to shoe i have a feeling....i also stocked up on some more shoes actually, im pretty sure it will be most of my 80lbs that i am allowed to take with me...new neon converses, shox, and some blowfish flats for business casual!
Tonight we actually tried to pack all my stuff, which occupied the entire dining room table, and it almost all fit into my rolling duffle, which is amazing!!! Super excited because it weighed under 50 lbs too! I can't believe it, best thing ever.
Tomorrow i start my last week of work, which is seriously crazy that it is already the last week of april!!!
I'll update again soon, until then off for the craziness that my 23rd year is bringing....

1 comment:

  1. Love you! So glad I'm home and can be a part of this process... So proud of you, you are an amazing person and friend!

    ReplyDelete