Friday, April 1, 2011

New Intern

Today is the first sunny day in a long while for Lincoln. So pretty sure not much could get me down today.  I'm not even super sad that the new intern (the girl that will be taking my place at US Property) started her first day 17 minutes ago. I guess it just goes to show, my time here in the United States is quickly disappearing. My last day of work will be April 29th, and there is even a big chunk of April that i won't be working due to my volleyball trip to Minneapolis and my birthday. I think this month will fly by quicker than i realize. Before i know it, May will be here. May brings a lot of traveling, Mason City, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, and Hawaii!!!
I know my time left will be over before i know it. I'm trying not to wish it away, trying to live each day to the fullest, to get the most out of the time i have left. 

On another note!! 
Seeing as my birthday is coming up i am starting a birthday list, full of ideas of things to get me for the fam, all of which are Peru related :) Starting to realize I have no idea what i truly need...i have a feeling this weekend will be full of research on blogs and Facebook of past/present volunteers. 

All i know is headlamp is first on my list. My dad already informed me i could find one at Scheels for $20, glad he is in the know :) 

Scary to think 67 days from now i will be packed up and headed on a journey of a lifetime...


No comments:

Post a Comment