Sunday, May 8, 2011

"May Madness"


So this weekend has been somewhat hectic. Waking up in a hotel room in Mason City Iowa Saturday morning marked the beginning of a great weekend. In Mason City to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and both of their 80th birthdays, Saturday was jammed packed with talking to distant relatives and family friends. It was fun to explain and discuss my Peace Corps assignment with all of them, not…well for some it was, for some they didn’t understand what would drive me to do such a thing. Many gave me long hugs as it would be the last time I see them before I depart, so it was a bit awkward. It made me realize how little time I have left. It is weird to think that you won’t see someone for over two years, but it is something I will have to get used to. Overall the weekend was great though, we played some croquette, ate way too much, and celebrated lasting love, I don’t think you can ask for much more in Mason City.

Like my family, my friends are starting to get sentimental, as am I. I find myself doing something, and thinking “this will be the last time I do this..” Kind of crazy.
Right now I sit 30,000 feet in the air on a flight to Denver

Out of my window :) :)

My flight with a 4 year old boy kicking my seat relentlessly. A joyous experience let me tell you. However I just keep thinking that soon I will be on my connecting flight to San Diego and that much closer to seeing Tone, and that is getting me through…oh did I mention about every 10 minutes he yells “choo choooooooooo” I don’t know if he thinks we are on a train or whats up, I just want to be like, “kid, this is not a train, this is a plane…” The grandparents don’t seem to realize that he is bugging everyone. I may slip him a sedative here soon…

I’ll update more on the next flight, for now I will flip through the sky mall, picking which Item I would want most on the page…actually extremely entertaining.

LANDED AND ALIVE J
Sitting in the Denver International Airport waiting for my next flight…so close! Flight departs at 9:55pm, which is almost exactly an hour away…
Love sitting in airports trying to figure out where everyone is heading, making up stories about the adventures they are going on…a lot of couples traveling this Mothers Day…boo, the people who sat next to me on my last flight were about to go on their honeymoon!
Now I’m sitting with my black mango iced tea eating an apple, and this blog is helping me to pass the time.
I’ve started being even more of a creeper with all this spare time I have had waiting in airports and riding in cars from destination to destination, the Peace Corps Peru 17 wall and all of those who are members have officially been stalked! I am not wishing away my days left in the US, but I feel like I want to get to know everyone, there is so much time for me to over analyze everything, so much excitement building. However that is also the boredom of car rides and airports….this weekend was great and I cannot wait to get to San Diego and smother Tone, who I haven’t seen since January. California here I come J

No comments:

Post a Comment