Saturday, October 22, 2011

EAT, PLAY, LOVE.

Something that I have always enjoyed in life=food. The simple comfort food can give you, amazes me. Which is why I find myself in the kitchen whenever I have the time. I love cooking for my family, showing them new dishes they would never have tried if they didn’t have the “gringa” living with them.  My host mom has also enjoyed teaching me Peruvian dishes. I liked to cook in the United States but in Peru I have taken it to a whole new level, experimenting with different recipes, and such. I am fortunate to have two site mates who love cooking just as much. Which is why our amazing cooking club has allowed us to find the comfort of home even though we are thousands of miles away. The first few pictures are of dishes I have made over the last few weeks…I normally forget to take pictures so these are only a few. The first is of my homemade spaghetti sauce, hours of labor boiling and peeling tomatoes J The second picture is when my host mom and I cooked a traditional Peruvian dish, Aji de Gallina, for Chris and Katie, yummmm…The last few pictures are from tonight, when our cooking club  (tres gringas…that’s right just made that name up on the fly) made blue cheese salad dressing and enjoyed huge salads with homemade Focaccia bread…best site ever.


 yummmmm spaghetti sauce :)

Aji de Gallina...what up.

 Chris's homemade Focaccia Bread...literally can't put into words how amazing life was after i took a bite of this ridiculously amazing bread.
 Chris and i getting our "Salad Dance" on...me with my favorite cheese of all time...Blue Cheese, and Chris....i don't even know.
 Blue Cheese Dressing on fresh lettuce with some tomatoes and fresh cucumber.
Finished Product :) ahhhhhhhhh

1 comment: