Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reasons I am Sick....


Since I have been sick for 3 ½ weeks now, I thought I would do a quick post on what being sick in Peru is…
Having a cold in Peru is a weird thing, though you may think you know how one gets a cold…going outside in 40 degree weather with a bathing suit on….putting your face right infront of someone as they sneeze…Purposely drinking out of the cup your really sick friend was using…and so on….
However getting a cold in Peru happens for much different reasons….the below are all reasons that I have been told of why I got sick and why I am still sick.
“Well, you know why you are sick, you mixed too many foods yesterday…you had eggs for breakfast, you had cereal for lunch, and yogurt, you can’t mix foods like that..”
“You eat cold milk with your cereal, no wonder you are sick.”
“You drink a bottle of water at room temperature, that is too cold, no wonder you are still sick.”
ANY COLD FOODS will cause sickness.
“Why aren’t you drinking hot water with lemon and sugar, that would have cured you days ago…”

Reasons I think I could possibly be sick besides the valid reasons I have stated above…
No one washes their hands…ever.
It is 40 degrees and I have to take an ice cold shower…
No one covers their mouth when they cough, especially the kids I work with.
All dishes are washed in super cold water, killing all sorts of germs with that J

Just to name a few….
Hoping the doctor will give me some insight tomorrow on what I can do to get better…hoping it is more than drink hot water and eat only rice and potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! I think this might be my favorite post of yours to date... u crack me up! let me know how your doctors appt goes.. and make sure not to drink cold milk with your cereal! it's best to eat meat thats been in the cupboard for a week instead... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cold milk never happens in my house. it's always hot. i don't drink warm milk, so it's kind of weird except it's awesome when i get chocolate in there. although having hot chocolate for breakfast messes with my hyperactivity sometimes...

    ReplyDelete