Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cooking, Teaching, Site Mates, Staying busyyyyyy


Since the last time I blogged it has been a crazy time.
My schedule everyday is as follows.
Monday through Friday 8-12AM work at the CEBE then from 5-6:30 teach English at Casa Nova, a high school essentially. I work with the top two grades. Last week I went and observed classes and helped teach. The professor knows a lot of English, I mean for a Peruvian, and so it is interesting to listen to him speak. There will be a lot more about this later, when I actually get to teach solo.
I also held a meeting with my CEBE staff, about goals we want to accomplish and setting those, it was very interesting…I think my CEBE is a little divided when it comes on what to focus. However it is very nice to have a group of people who are passionate about making changes, so that is what keeps me motivated.
I am right now working with my brother Pedro on drawing lines, by the end of this year I want to have him writing his name, which he cannot do right now.
I made pancakes for my family and banana bread, both of which were a huge hit. I like to test out my cooking on them, so far they have liked everything I have made. I also cooked for the students in the CEBE, I cooked French toast for two hours last Friday. Using my hands to turn them because there was no spatula.
Something super exciting that has happened, is my site mate Chris is back from vacation, and his girlfriend Katie is here too! Now I have to “gringos” in my site, and will for the next year. Chris started a youth center in Cutervo in the year he has been here, which is a huge accomplishment. I am super excited because I get to help out with this center. We are already looking to have a party on October 22, the anniversary of Cutervo, and on the 31st of October for Halloween. This youth center is an amazing opportunity for these kids, and we got the keys to the space on Friday. I have my own set, and I am super super excited to start working on stuff to make this youth center super successful.
I am still sick, I actually have a doctors appointment tomorrow in the capital city. I am headed there anyways for a camp for girls around Cajamarca. Volunteers bring students to this camp and we (17er’s/newbies) get to help and observe the charlas, and next year we will be able to bring students from our sites.
So tomorrow I will not only be arriving in Cajamarca, I will also be getting my internet USB, which will really help me with updating my blog…which I apologize for the lack of posts.
I also apologize for the lack of pictures, I will be taking many more pictures, I have just been so busy I really haven’t even thought about pictures, but I will for sure be taking more and posting some.
For now, that is all, hope that helps clear up, where the heck I have been all of September!
Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment